When Parents Experience Mental Health Challenges
This workshop is for professionals who work with parents, and/or families.
- Provide a general overview for professionals working with parents experiencing mental health challenges while parenting
- Network, share knowledge & experience with other professionals who work with parents experiencing mental health challenges
- Recognize the risks and potential signs of mental illness
- Understand the impact of parent’s mental health challenge on the family
- Explore ways to support parents in crises
- Identify ways to support parents’ positive parenting skills
- Explore strategies to support behavioural changes in parents
- Decrease stigma
Terry holds a Bachelor of Social Work degree and is a registered Social Worker. She is an experienced counsellor with more than 30 years working in community and clinical settings. Her areas of interest are parenting, parenting out of control teens, stress, conflict management, and anger. She enjoys working with people on an individual and group basis.
Date: Fall/Winter Dates TBA
Fee: $300.00 For Early Registration
$330.00 (includes handouts and lunch)
Registration: Please call 306.244.7773 or Contact Us to register.