Careers With CFS Saskatoon
CFS Saskatoon practices are barrier-free and support inclusivity and community development. We are committed to developing a service team that reflects the diversity of the population who live and work in Saskatoon and the surrounding area.
CFS Saskatoon offers competitive salaries and benefits and each job has its own requirements and application deadline.
Current Job Opportunities:
Fund Development Officer Position:
Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner City Inc. (CLASSIC) is a non-profit legal clinic whose mandate is:
With a commitment to social justice, decolonization, and the dignity of all people, CLASSIC provides:
- free legal services, programming and supports for people who experience poverty and injustice, and
- internationally recognized clinical legal education to law and interdisciplinary students.
Are you a fund development expert? Do you have a passion for charitable businesses and securing funding to help grow and service the greater community? Are you creative and excited about fund raising? Do you have what it takes to play a key role in our growth?
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations at CFS Saskatoon and Executive Director of CLASSIC this person is responsible for the research, planning, and execution of various fund development functions including, but not limited to:
- applying for and successfully acquiring grants,
- researching potential funding sources,
- building and managing a grant search and application system/data base,
- cultivating relationships with potential donors and providing support for other projects, and
- Other potential tasks as assigned.
This role is new to our organizations and is a great opportunity for an expert in their field who can build this role with us.
- Provide support, input, and coordination in creating a fund development and fund diversification plan.
- Execute the CFS Saskatoon and CLASSIC fundraising activities that will achieve fundraising and donation revenue targets.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures to assist with each agency’s fund development and fund diversification plan.
- Develop donor proposals, grant applications and stewardship reports ensuring deadlines are met.
- With the support of the ED’s, assist with the development and management of relationships with donors, prospective donors, and stakeholders.
- Actively search for grant opportunities and liaise with program directors to ensure the identified opportunities are aligned with the program goals and objectives.
- Coordinate opportunities for existing and potential donors and stakeholders to engage with CFS Saskatoon and CLASSIC to learn or inquire about their specific impact.
- Act as an ambassador for CFS Saskatoon and CLASSIC while conducting external presentations and during donor meetings, recognition events, and external community events.
- Model CFS Saskatoon and CLASSIC values and demonstrate strength in working collaboratively with other staff to advance the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Support the work of CFS Saskatoon and CLASSIC by coordinating fund development-related projects, tasks, and directives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary degree or certificate with a focus on business or communications or similar.
- A certified Fund-Raising Executive certification and/or a membership in good standing with the Association of Fundraising Professionals or similar professional designation is an asset.
- A minimum of three years experience in a fund development role. Experience in the use of social media for fundraising is an asset.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, an understanding of fund development, and a commitment to the local community.
- Demonstrated experience with development programs including major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, corporate sponsorships, and special events.
- Excellent computer and database management skills.
- Ability to work easily and effectively with diverse groups, build relationships, be articulate and engaging and relate to and motivate prospective donors.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Persuasive and professional writing, presentation, and website communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills, approachable with timely follow-through.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple demands in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment.
- Positive, professional representative and demonstrates the highest professional standards.
Administrative Assistant & Leadership Support
35 hours / week (Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00 pm)
- Coordinate and communicate regarding meetings, accurate meeting minutes, and support for communications and internally and externally;
- Proactively coordinate the meetings, priorities, projects, and events of the Leadership team;
- Attend meetings, take minutes and facilitate communication for leadership team;
- Manages and liaise technical support for computers, phones, cell phones, photocopiers, and other office technology; includes setting up user names and emails
- Updates the CFS Saskatoon website
- Coordinate the annual appeal.
- Coordinates the Annual General Meeting
- Annual report coordination and printing
- Room bookings
- Communication to community
- Order furniture, computers, software, and promotional material for the agency
- Enters information into a database system (Penelope) and excel spreadsheet.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
- Performs as an effective partner in the work of the organization and leadership team.
- Collaborates with the team as required to complete assignments.
- Handles high volumes of meeting scheduling duties, including related administrative and logistical matters, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides timely administrative and clerical support including the preparation of accurate documentation, minutes, and reports.
- Treats all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Articulates issues of importance or concern in a timely manner.
- Effectively manages assigned projects as directed.
- Sets priorities for own and meets deadlines.
- Undertakes special projects in a timely manner and delivers expected results.
- Collaborates with others as required to complete assignments.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and relevant laws and regulations.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a clerical diploma from a recognized educational institution.
- Three- five years of demonstrated experience in office administration.
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, respect, and confidentiality is a must;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Overall proficiency with computers and technology is a must, including demonstrated skills in word processing, spreadsheets, email programs, and database management.
- Organizational abilities; ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, efficient, independent—and work well as part of a team. Will have a demonstrated ability to build relationships, to foster teamwork.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to:
- CFS Saskatoon
- Attention: Brent Isaak
- Director of Finance & Operations
- 200 – 506 25th Street East
- Saskatoon, SK S7K 4A7
Closing date: November 19th, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Are you a seasoned clinician who enjoys working with children and youth? CFS Saskatoon is seeking a dedicated counsellor to provide counselling and related services primarily to children.
- Individual and family counselling.
- Familiarity with community resources in order to make appropriate referrals.
- Continuing professional development.
- Meeting with the Director of Clinical Services for individual/group supervision.
- Completion of statistics and necessary client forms.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work or Registered Psychologist. Certification or experience in Play Therapy and/or play based interventions would be an asset.
- Minimum three years experience as a clinician.
- Demonstrated experience working with children, youth and adults.
- Evening availability (flexible hours up to 10 per week)
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Ana Martinez-Risco, Director of Clinical Services
200 – 506 25th Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 4A7
Closing date: September 10th, 2021
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, vibrant, and dynamic team environment. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a group RRSP plan.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Ongoing
Please visit our Get Involved page to learn about other opportunities to be part of CFS Saskatoon.