Careers With CFS Saskatoon
CFS Saskatoon practices are barrier-free and support inclusivity and community development. We are committed to developing a service team that reflects the diversity of the population who live and work in Saskatoon and the surrounding area.
CFS Saskatoon offers competitive salaries and benefits and each job has its own requirements and application deadline.
Current Job Opportunities:
This position reports to the Business Manager.
Full time: 35 hours/week flexing within the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
The Accounting Technician will split their time between our Early Learning & Family Centre at Rosewood, our centre at E.D. Feehan, and our Head Office.
- Ensure information is current and available regarding the program, policies and procedures.
- Invoicing and entering expenses using QuickBooks for all centres.
- Manage accounts receivable and payables for all centres including communication with families.
- Preparation of financial reports, including the generation of necessary reports for funders.
- Manage the financial and payroll needs of the Before & After School program and ensure information is accurate and current.
- Ongoing payroll management/administration utilizing Ceridian Powerpay.
- Maintain filing systems at each location.
- Create and maintain various Excel files on each location throughout the year.
- Additional duties as required by management.
- Creates timely and accurate information and provides effective support to the centres and management.
- Sets priorities for own work and meets deadlines.
- Treats all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Promptly communicates issues of importance or concern to the Business Manager.
- Participates as an active and supportive member of the work unit.
- Undertakes special projects in a timely manner and delivers expected results.
- Collaborates with others as required to complete assignments.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and relevant laws and regulations.
- Accounting diploma or degree from a recognized educational institution with three years business/accounting experience.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills in accounting software; as well as proficiency with spreadsheets; database management; and word processing.
- Organizational abilities; ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as strong problem solving skills.
- Astute assessment of everyday situations as they arise and an ability to manage outcomes.
- Strong ethical conduct and personal compatibility with the values of a family-serving agency.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to: CFS Saskatoon
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, vibrant, and dynamic team environment. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a group RRSP plan.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Ongoing
Please visit our Get Involved page to learn about other opportunities to be part of CFS Saskatoon.